Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm Torn


If you've been following college sports lately you may know that the NCAA mens basketball is coming to an end. As I write this, it is 2 days until the beginning of the final four. As per normal practice I am a die hard U of M fan. Michigan State is in the tournament and has been playing well and been quite enjoyable to watch. I live in the state of Michigan and can often be seen wearing this or that (U of M) apparel.

But I find myself at a perplexing moment in life. A moment that transcends all logic and reason. This is the "Final Four Zone."

The same situation went on 10 years ago when Michigan State not only went to the final four but won the whole darn thing. At that time I forced my self ;) to buy a Green and White Michigan State Hat and wear it in support. That hat has been hanging on my basement door ever since and now I find myself needing to wear it to support  the team from my home state again.

The other day my wife was talking with me and had to do a double take when she saw that hat on my head. She said its so strange not seeing me in a University of Michigan Hat. I try to consider myself supportive of the home team no matter where they are. Although this seems difficult and appears to be a betrayal to the Maize and Blue, I'm looking forward to donning my favorite college colors real soon. So to all those that may read this...put me in your thoughts. I will need all the positive energy any of you can send my way.

NQE Out ...and wearing a State hat :(

No comments:

Post a Comment