Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Scout Hike Follow-up

My last entry included a spot that I scouted that my son and I will hopefully go to set up a day camp and practice some camping and bushcraft skills.

The scene was so different looking than you see on the Scout Hike vids. It snowed about 4 days prior and after it snowed there was a day or so of freezing rain. It left a beautiful sight with snow covering the branches and pine boughs of so many trees. There was even tear drop shaped icicles in the water in this nature area along the riverbank. The snow was somewhat packed and real crunchy. Reminds me of if you would be walking in trail mix.

We looked around a bit and found some alternate trails that we want to explore when we come back. We were only there about 45 minutes and made a few snow balls but it was a lot of fun and a nice short experience with my son. It really made me look forward to trekking there in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment