Saturday, June 19, 2010

Frankenmuth Balloon Village Competition and show Part 1

One evening in early June 2010, I heard a news report on our local station about a Hot Air Balloon competition in a location about 25 miles from home. I looked the story up again on the stations' website and found the details. It indicated that there was a competition and that it would continue the next morning at 6:00am. While I figured that I'm never afraid of an early morning jaunt and decided to go there and take a look. It was in Frankenmuth, MI. As I got there they weren't even set up yet. I waited a few minutes and  I could see some of the competitors getting things together.

I was able to watch them setup the several of the balloons, inflate them and launch just over my head. It was great. I took a bit of video footage and pictures to hopefully give you a feel for what it was like. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment