Monday, January 18, 2010

A new beginning

Although blogging has been around the web for sometime, this is my first time into the lion's den. Perhaps calling it the Lion's Den, isn't what I truly mean. Actually I am looking forward to what this may bring for the future. A little bit about myself.

I am currently a man in my early 40's, married with three children. For the past three years I have been doing something that I have found surprisingly enjoyable...running. Considering that I am a man that has had struggles with my weight for most of my adult life, I have found this to be ironic.

Several years ago, I thought I would start running to do a local 10 mile race that we have in my hometown in August of every year. This event is one of the bigger events in the area and I knew few people that had actually entered. In that year, 2007, I did achieve that goal and completed that race with the support of my wife and family. Since that time I've been in two other 10 milers, a host of other 5K and 10K races and more recently my greatest running accomplishment to date, completing a half marathon in the fall of both 2008 and 2009.

Probably an even greater accomplishment is what these events inspired others around me to do. My wife, has done two 10 milers along with me and also completed her first half-marathon. My father in law and a few cousins decided to take the plunge as well. I have been so pleased with all their accomplishments and wish them the best as they strive for improved fitness in their lives. They are an inspiration for me and many others.

I guess I'll stop there and save some for next time. Until then...stay loyal

NQE (Neverquitever)

No comments:

Post a Comment